Gobi Manchurian is an Indian dish adopted from Manchuria, a region in NE China. It is a melange of flavours using both Indian and Chinese spices and sauces. The cuisine is referred to as Indo-Chinese.
Earlier this week, my friend Mona texted me to say her hubby just made her the most incredible Gobi Manchurian and how this exact dish wooed her over 15 years ago. When he made it again the other day, she said it was even better than she remembered. That was it. I had to get the recipe. I had to replicate it to see if it really was as unbelievable as she described. Verdict?.. My hubby was blown away, said it was ‘restaurant quality. I thought it was flipping amazing, so I had to share.
Cauliflower Manchurian Sauce Method
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl
2. Slowly add water until you get a batter consistency
3. Add cauliflower to the batter, mix, let sit 15 mins
4. Heat oil, fry cauliflower until golden and crisp, drain
1. Heat oil
2. Add onion, ginger, garlic and chilli, sauté for 2 mins, add green pepper, curry leaves and spring onions
3. Add remaining ingredients and stir well to make a thick sauce
4. Add in cauliflower, garnish and eat while it still has a crunch!
Manchurian Sauce Method