If you like a Black Bean Stir Fry you’re going to love this recipe!
This is my copycat version of that umami rich dish. I used venison for a change as it’s in season and turned out wonderful but usually it’s beef or chicken. Tender strips of meat, crunchy veggies and a beautifully rich black bean sauce served on a bed of the crispiest air-fried noodles. Yesssss peeps… I air-fried them and they were sooooo perfectly crispy!!
AIR FRYER CRISPY NOODLES BLACK BEAN VENISON
1. Spread cooked noodles on a tray to dry out
2. Once dried, add cornflour, salt and mix well
3. Divide the noodles into 4 portions
4. Place in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook on 200C for 15 mins flipping half way
1. Put the venison/ beef strips into a bowl and add the soya sauce, shaoxing wine, 1 tsp cornflour (reserve the other 2tsp), sugar and black pepper, mix well and leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 mins
2. Put black beans into a small bowl, cover with water and leave for 15 mins
3. Then drain and rinse the beans, put them back in a bowl with a pinch of sugar and splash of water then mash them with a fork slightly
4. Add 2 tbsp cooking oil to a wok on med high heat, add the onion and sauté for a minute, then add in the garlic and ginger, followed by the other vegetables. Stir fry until cooked but still crisp, remove onto a plate
5. In the same wok, add a little more oil and sauté the meat until slightly browning, add the smashed bean mix then return veggies to wok
6. Mix the remaining 2 tsp of cornflour with 4 tbsp of cold water, pour this into the wok and stir until the sauce thickens
7. Serve with the crispy noodles and enjoy immediately!
AIR FRYER CRISPY NOODLES
BLACK BEAN VENISON