As promised, peeps.. scrumptious smoky pork enchiladas using the leftovers from yesterday’s cook! These enchiladas are a favourite in our house. They can be made in about 15 mins and are exceptional considering they are made with leftovers.
Wanna make enchiladas but don’t have the pork from yesterday? Not a problem. Use any cooked shredded meat, add more spice to the enchilada sauce as detailed below.
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C Thanks, @recipe_tin, for the inspo for these amazing enchiladas!
2. Make enchilada sauce: heat oil in a pan on med heat, add flour, and whisk for 1 min
3. Add remaining ingredients except for salt and pepper, whisk, boil and then reduce to simmer for 10 mins until thickened, whisking occasionally, taste and season
4. Heat olive oil in a pan on med heat, add pork, cook without turning 1.5 mins, so it gets crispy at the bottom, remove and set aside
5. In a bowl, add corn, black beans, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, 1/2 cup cheese, mix
6. Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of the baking dish
7. Roll 8 tortillas with equal amounts of filling and top with remaining sauce
8. Bake 10 mins, remove, add remaining cheese
9. Bake 10-15 mins, remove and let stand 5 mins
1. Pre-heat oven to 180°C
Thanks, @recipe_tin, for the inspo for these amazing enchiladas!