Hello??? Is it the sushi tacos you’re looking for?? OMG Yes!!! It doesn’t get better than this on taco Tuesday, eh??? These sushi tacos are seriously E.P.I.C!!!! The pic doesn’t do them justice, so I’ll have to make them again.. and again.. and again. I think I could actually eat these every day. The nori wrapper is brushed with a light tempura batter and fried into a perfect crisp taco, crunchy like you wouldn’t believe holding the rice and toppings together so perfectly that I’m getting excited just typing about it! Trust me, try these, you will never look back!!
1. Cut nori sheets into a circle Season rice with vinegar, cover bowl with a damp tea towel, leave to cool. Add soya and furikake, mix well. Add rice to taco, then toppings of choice.
2. Put tempura flour into a metal bowl, add water and 2 ice cubes, slowly mix with hands until ice is melted. It should be runny, not thick
3. heat oil in the pan to 160°C
4. Place nori circle on a board, brush one side with tempura batter and carefully add it to the oil. Try and manoeuvre the disc into a taco shape while in the oil using 2 spoons or mould around a wooden handle as soon as you take it out of the oil (see my highlights vid)
5. Fry till light and golden, remove, quickly continue to shape and then drain. It will crisp up as it cools, repeat with remaining nori discs
1. Cut nori sheets into a circle
Season rice with vinegar, cover bowl with a damp tea towel, leave to cool. Add soya and furikake, mix well. Add rice to taco, then toppings of choice.